July 2, 2012 | by Andrew Kameka
Verizon Wireless today officially announced one of the longest named phones you’ll see this year, the Droid Incredible 4G LTE by HTC. First unveiled at CTIA 2012 and then shuttered away while being teased, the Incredible will finally go on sale Thursday, July 5, 2012. The device will cost $149.99 after a mail-in-rebate and signing a two-year agreement.
The Incredible 4G LTE is a very solid phone, even though a few of the specs don’t match up to the flagship phones that have been released in recent weeks. The Incredible has a 4-inch Super LCD qHD display, 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, and Beats Audio for enhanced sound when playing music or games.
On the software front, it’s running HTC Sense layered with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on it. Don’t ask me when or if Jelly Bean will come out because no one knows. Sense 4.0 will help distract you from questionable Jelly Bean future with nice tweaks to contacts, launchers, and the camera app with intelligent image processing and the ability to shoot HD videos and take pictures at the same time. Speaking of cameras, the device has an 8 MP rear camera and a front-facing 1.2 MP camera.
Verizon will pump out 5 to 12 Mbps download speeds in areas where LTE is available. When purchasing, remember to have $200 on hand as that’s the price you’ll pay in-store before a mail-in-rebate ships to you in the form of a debit card weeks later. Here’s a recap of the specs.
- Authentic Sound: Customers will benefit from Beats Audio™, an enhanced auto tuning technology that allows users to hear music the way the artist intended. Beats Audio is incorporated across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound and whether watching a video or playing a game, customers are sure to be impressed with the sound quality.
- Read Later: Active readers who are constantly on-the-go can use the Read Later feature to save online content, such as news articles and website pages, to view later, even when they are offline.
- Android Beam™: Sharing YouTube videos, Google Maps locations and more with others is faster and easier than ever with Android Beam. Android Beam is as simple as tapping two compatible phones together for users to instantly share information.
- 4-inch super LCD qHD display
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens
- Front-facing camera for video chatting with friends and family
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- Mobile Hotspot-capable to share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ memory card