March 15, 2012 | by Andrew Kameka
EA Sports has opened up its library and brought two of its most popular games to Android. Both NBA JAM and FIFA 12 are now available in Google Play for $4.99 each. Device and regional compatibility will vary, but both of the popular games have arrived for phones running Android 2.1 or higher.
FIFA 12 has been available for Android for several months, but the game has been an Xperia Play exclusive since it debuted in December 2011. Three months later, the rest of us can act out our Landon Donovan and Wayne Rooney fantasies. FIFA 12 features complete players, leagues, and teams put into a revamped gaming system. Selling points touted by EA Sports include:
- Experience vibrant graphics and ultra-realistic animation like never before
- Play like a superstar with famous footballers like Kaka, Rooney, and more
- Dominate leagues like the English Premiership, La Liga, MLS and beyond
- March toward glory in 32 real stadiums
- Handle the ball with precise new controls optimized for Android
- Stay in the game as you take on daily challenges
NBA Jam is also available for anyone who fondly remembers the two-on-two action of years past. The mobile version still has the fun of the 90′s game – BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! and all the other catchphraes said by Tim Kitzrow included – but uses today’s stars for the gameplay. I haven’t downloaded it yet, but players can prepare to be on fire with a combination of stars from any NBA team. There’s also an option to play with older NBA Stars like Hakeem the Dream and Kenny Smith of the Houston Rockets.
- Play Now – Select a team and jump right into the ballgame.
- Classic Campaign – Defeat all other teams to win the championship, and unlock legends, hidden players, and outrageous cheats.
- Local Multiplayer – Go big head 2 big head against a friend via local WiFi or Bluetooth
- Unlock legends from the classic arcade and Open up outrageous cheats.