October 17, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
Map and navigation app NDrive is used by more than half a million people spread out across the globe. Those users recently received an update that greatly improved performance and overall usability. Now you can join the ranks of NDrivers exploring the roadways, and you can do it at no cost.
Androinica.com and NDrive have teamed-up to give away licenses to use the premium navigation app. The contest is open to users in any region that an NDrive app is available, Western/Eastern European bundle versions excluded, and will provide a free license for users to experience the new features. Among those features:
- Avoid traffic jams. Congested roadways are now highlighted by red to indicate heavy traffic, and yellow to show busy roadways. This optional upgrade through the NDrive store will help users take a different route.
- Walk right. Pedestrians get better navigation because the compass rotates the map as a user turns. So if you get confused and start facing different directions, the map adjusts to show the correct route.
- North up. Should there come a time where you lose your bearings, tapping this button will provide direction. So when navigation says “Head east” while you’re in a parking lot, North up points to the north to serve as a point of reference for figuring out which direction to turn.
This contest has concluded and the winners have already been notified. Thank you for participating.
Other features include an improved keyboard, better zoom that “jumps” back to your position with one tap, and support for gestures. You can enter to have all of these features by taking these steps.
- Like the Androinica and NDrive Facebook pages.
- Then type the following message on the NDrive Facebook page:
Tell @Androinica that I want to win the @NDrive License and hit the road!
Be sure to type it out rather than copying and pasting because that’s the only way we’ll be tagged. We’ll select a random winner and contact them to send a free license for NDrive in their country.