August 5, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
Sprint is adding to its stable of 4G Android devices with another midrange phone. It’s not quite the power and flash expected for the Galaxy S II-flavored Samsung Within, but it is a decent option from the same manufacturer.
The Samsung Conquer 4G will land on Sprint’s 4G WiMax network August 21 at a $99 price point. The phone has a 3.5-inch touchscreen, 3.2 megapixel rear camera, and 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for video chat. It is powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and a 1GHz single-core processor (Snapdragon MSM 8655/Samsung CMC732S). The software is not running TouchWiz UI, but it does have the Sprint ID set-up for app packs, widgets, and customized UI.
The Conquer 4G looks like a Samsung Fascinate in the front but appears to be bolder when looking at the sides. The phone is similar to other entry-to-midlevel phones released on Sprint previously – like the Transform – but has the benefit of arriving later with slightly better specs. It could be a solid option for someone wanting a 4G phone that isn’t too complicated. Here’s the full list of available specs.
- Dual-mode 3G/4G device – dependable 3G nationwide coverage and turbo-charged Sprint 4G speeds where available
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks
- Google™ mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Google Talk™, Gmail™, YouTube™ , and syncs with Google Calendar™, as well as access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
- Upload, share and store pictures with Photobucket, Facebook®, MySpace® upload videos to YouTube
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS capable
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card (2GB card included)
- Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology
- Access to more than 250,000 apps through Android Market™
- Dimensions: 4.57 inches x 2.38 inches x 0.46 inches (LxWxT)
- Weight: 4.1 ounces
- Display: 3.5-inch TFT (320×480) touchscreen
- Battery: 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery for up to six hours of talk time3.
- Processor: MSM8655 Snapdragon and Samsung/CMC732S