February 2, 2011 | by Lars Aronsson
Sony Ericsson has now started rolling out the long-awaited multi-touch update for the Xperia X10 that gives the device pinch-to-zoom functionality. X10 users can update their handsets via the PC companion, or by downloading the update over-the-air directly from their phones.
The X10 update also includes various bug fixes and optimizations:
- Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
- Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
- Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
- Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
- Minor changes to Mediascape with access to “Now Playing” in the top right corner
Pinch-to-zoom will mainly be available in the web browser and in Google Maps, although most third-party apps should also be supported. Users can however not expect multi-touch gaming capabilities, like pressing two buttons at the same time on different parts of the screen.
Sony Ericsson also announced via its product blog that the Xperia X8 and the X10 Mini-series soon will receive ANT+ support: a standard for short-range communication that will enable accessories such as heart-rate monitors, et cetera.
Via [SE Product Blog]