November 23, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
There are plenty of browser alternatives for Android, but Skyfire has added some new features that may push it up the list for Facebook addicts. Heck, nearly 2 million people have already made it their browser of choice.
Skyfire 3.0 adds several new feature that integrate the browser with Facebook. In addition to having a quick link to your Facebook profile, there’s now a “universal browsed based Like Button” that allows you to like any web page that you visit. People who share content with Facebook often will enjoy that feature, as well as the ability to see Popular Pages that other Facebook members are sharing in large numbers.
The latest version also includes OneTouch Search, which will perform a query on Amazon, Digg, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or VideoSurf. Users no longer have to visit those engines individually and then waste time waiting for it load. They can instead enter a search term and then choose which website to search.
Here’s a list of the features just added to Skyfire 3.0. Download the app from the Android Market.
- Popular Content – You just finished reading a story on one of your favorite web sites and want to quickly decide what to read next. Click on the Popular button on the SkybarTM and instantly see what content on the site is most popular within the 500+ million user Facebook community. Recommendations from friends are prioritized and show up at the top of the list.
- FireplaceTM Feed Reader – A simple but addictive tool that provides a filtered list of your Facebook feed that only includes links to browsable web pages, images, and videos posted by your Facebook friends.
- Facebook Portal Integration – With a single touch you have access to your Facebook feed, profile and fast-growing location service Places.
- Facebook Like Button – Skyfire 3.0 puts the Facebook Like Button on EVERY PAGE of the Internet. No scrolling around searching for the button on the page, simply click on the SkybarTM Like Button to easily “like” or “unlike” the page you are viewing or to share the page with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Skyfire OneTouch Search – Users enter a single search term and can choose to search Google, Facebook, VideoSurf, Digg, Twitter, or Amazon with a single touch and without having to navigate to separate sites.