November 23, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
Classic arcade game Frogger has come to Android. Konami Digital released an Android version of its game that requires players hop forward and backward to guide 5 frogs across busy roadways. Obstacles may stand in the way and cars can turn those frogs to roadkill, but making it across will lead to more challenges and fun on other levels. The game requires Android 2.0 or higher, and is available now for $4.99.
Frogger is the most recognized name from the latest wave of games running OpenFeint social gaming integration, which now counts more than 100 Android games that supports its live integration. OpenFeint has enabled mobile gamers to compare scores, participate in multiplayer gaming, and interact with friends who also own those games. In the two months since it debuted on Android, OpenFeint has amassed the following stats:
- 8 million game downloads on Android in the last 2 months
- Availability in 176 countries on over 143 types of devices
- 1.6 million Android devices seen on the OpenFeint network
The latest games with OpenFeint integration are in the market now or will appear over the next few days and weeks. Here’s a list of the upcoming games sent to us by OpenFeint.
- Jet Car Stunts (True Axis) – Coming Soon!
- MUST.EAT.BIRDS (Mediatonic)
- Solipskier (Mikengreg)
- Frogger (Konami Digital Entertainment)
- Bomberman Dojo (Hudson)
- aTilt 3D Labyrinth FridgeCat Software – Coming Soon!
- Word Mix (Greenrift Software LLC)
- Kilgamore Castle (Hyperbees Ltd)