November 2, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
Business leaders and remote workers ought to check out what Adobe’s been working on. Continuing its push into Android support in a variety of ways, Adobe announced extended support for its Connect 8 product.
Connect Mobile debuted on the Android Market last week, offering more options for people to conduct group chats and content sharing. Adobe announced Connect 8, which adds more options for web conferencing, training and webinars, Flash, and more. Registered members will be able to participate in meetings and take advantage of many of the new Connect features, including collaborating and live chatting with peers.
Connect is based on AIR and supports use on Android, provided that the person has Android 2.2 or higher and Flash installed. People who often have to interact with others remotely can test Connect with a free 30-day trial.
Here’s a list of features and benefits. Find out more at Adobe.com
- More intuitive user interface that provides meeting hosts, presenters, and participants with even easier access to capabilities; allowing presenters, for example, to quickly and flexibly adjust meeting room layouts in real-time, as needed.
- Enhancements to sharing, chat, video, notes, Q&A, whiteboard, and other functionality “pods” to facilitate collaboration.
- Addition of two-way Universal Voice that allows customers to bridge audio from any conferencing provider into an Adobe Connect room and provide two-way communication between participants on both VoIP and telephone audio.
- Integration of Adobe Connect1 with existing video conferencing systems, enabling meeting hosts to bring live audio and video broadcast streams directly into an Adobe Connect room.
- Enhanced collaboration SDK, with support for Adobe Flex®, Adobe Flash and Adobe ActionScript® 3, which allows developers to create custom pods or integrate Adobe Connect with other systems.
- Adobe Connect Desktop, based on Adobe AIR, which lets users set up and manage meetings right from the desktop. The optional application also allows users to download recorded sessions for offline viewing.
- Adobe Connect Mobile enables participants to view meetings on mobile devices. Adobe Connect Mobile works on Apple iPhone and iPad, as well as Google Android and other mobile devices enabled with Adobe Flash technology.