October 15, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
State Farm has made it possible for its customers to deposit money without ever entering a bank.
An update to the State Farm Pocket Agent app, available to Android 1.5 and above, makes it possible to deposit checks through the phone. Customers endorse the check, photograph it within an on-screen position guide, and await confirmation from State Farm that the check has been deposited.
On the Spot Deposit has no limit to the number of checks that can be deposited in one day; however, the maximum value for a check allowed is $10,000. A registered StateFarm.com account is required to use this feature of Pocket Agent, but it will work with a Savings, Checking, Interest Checking, or Money Market Account.
State Farm customers can download the app to their Android device and follow these tips from the company to ensure they get the best possible results.
Make sure to do the following for best results:
- Hold your phone horizontally over the check
- Position the check within the red camera guides
- Take the picture in good light
- Keep your phone as steady as possible when taking the picture
- Important: To ensure your privacy and security, please follow endorsement guidelines.