October 21, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
AndroidCentral discovered earlier this morning that Documents to Go would be released for Android soon. Well, soon turned into a few hours because I just went to uninstall some apps and noticed that Docs to Go 3.0 is available now via update.
We got an early preview of Docs to Go back in May at Google I/O, and it’s great to finally have the app on-hand. While the rep we spoke with was unclear over whether or not current Docs to Go Premium owners would get the update for free, we can now confirm that people who previously purchased a license can apply the update now. New customers can get it on sale for $14.99 rather than the standard price of $29.99.
Documents To Go is my app of choice for creating or editing Microsoft Office documents. It supports Word, Excel, and PowerPoint reading or editing, and reading PDF files. There’s also support for Google Docs and sync with Desktop Files. Here’s a list of new features from DocumentsToGo.
3.001 (832) Viewer & Full Version – Released October 21, 2010 – Current Version
- Totally Redesigned App:
- Provides more efficient access to all your files whether stored locally on your memory card or synchronized with your Windows PC
- Google Docs support:
- Download & use your files from Google Docs directly in Documents To Go
- Synchronize changes back to Google Docs
- Enhanced File Browser:
- Browse and manage all your important files from one convenient location with robust options to create, delete, star, sort, filter, send, sync, backup and more
- Desktop Synchronization:
- Transfer your files from your Windows PC to your Android device over USB. Any edits made in either location will automatically sync and 100% of the original file formatting will be maintained via our InTact Technology
- Further optimized Slideshow To Go for viewing and editing presentations on the go
- Improved PDF To Go:
- Now includes multi-touch/pinch-to-zoom, animated double-tap zoom, rotate page, hyperlinks, keypad shortcuts, multi-page rendering and more
- Enhanced Document Handling, Security & Encryption:
- Now supports Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 files including password-protected Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 formats
- Ability to hide the “Full Version Key”
- Ability to install Documents To Go to an SD Card
- Various bug fixes