July 7, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
If you wanted a Motorola Flipout that’s already been flipped out, you’re in luck! The Motorola Charm has officially been announced by Motorola, including most of its pocket-sized specifications.
The Charm comes with MOTOBLUR, Android 2.1, and a small QWERTY keyboard. The device has a 2.8-inch touchscreen resting above the keyboard, a 3MP camera, and CrystalTalk for improved sound quality. The device is aiming for social-networking fiends (like all MOTOBLUR phones) and email freaks who might love the keyboard. There’s also a gesture pad on the back of the phone, similar to the Backflip.
T-Mobile will be the exclusive carrier of the device when it becomes available this summer. Previous leaks point to a back-to-school sale that would offer the device free on contract, though Motorola has yet to provide solid price and availability information.
Other features and specs lifted from the announcement
- WCDMA 1700/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps (Category 5/6), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12
- 3MP camera with digital zoom and fixed-focus. Video capture rate: 24 fps
- MOTOBLUR UI
- Battery: 1170 mAh Li Ion; with MOTOBLUR Battery Manager
- Stereo Bluetooth® technology 2.0 + EDR (supports profiles A2DP, AVRCP, BPP, HID, HSP, OPP, PAN)
- T-MOBILE Apps: MyAccount, Audio Postcard, Visual Voice Mail, My Album, Slacker Radio
- DISPLAY TYPE: TFT COLORS
- SIZE: 110 grams, (H X W X D) 67.2 x 98.4 x 11.4 mm
- DISPLAY SIZE: 2.8-in.; 320 x 240, QVGA
- Available in the following colors: Golden Bronze and Cabernet