May 5, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
HomePipe Network has joined the fray of sync solutions for Android users who want constant access to their content. The new HomePipe Android app now makes it possible for users to securely access photos, videos, and documents stored on their home computer.
Using Homepipe requires installing software on a PC/Mac, and content is then accessible through the Android app or any browser. The service is free to all members, and “users don’t have to worry about paying monthly fees to store content online or have to worry about exceeding storage limitations that never seem to be enough,” according to the HomePipe announcement.
Other features include:
- Get convenient FREE access from any web browser, Android Phone, iPhone, iPod touch or even iPad, anytime, anywhere.
- Never worry about forgetting an important file or document at home.
- E-mail home pictures or business documents that are at home right from your phone.
- Access videos without having to dumb down the quality to meet a device’s storage limit.
- View and share high quality photos without having to waste time uploading or attaching them to Internet photo sharing sites.