February 3, 2010 | by Robert Nelson
We saw the leaked box art, we saw the leaked specs and now its time for the real deal. As of this morning, Verizon Wireless along with Motorola have officially announced the Motorola DEVOUR with MOTOBLUR.
Getting to the important parts first, lets dive into the pricing and availability. Well, we can cover some of that. The DEVOUR will be available in March, however the price still remains a secret.
Feature wise I think we already knew most of that, but just to recap. The Motorola DEVOUR will come with Android 1.6, MOTOBLUR, a 3.1-inch (320 x 480) capacitive touchscreen display, 3-megapixel camera with digital zoom, full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth 2+EDR, an accelerometer, a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB 2.0 and dual microphones with noise cancellation. Additionally, it will also ship with an 8GB microSD card.
Other features include Gmail, Google Talk, YouTube, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Maps Navigation, back-up and security, a universal inbox, happenings widget and of course — access to the Android Market.
Keep reading to check out a few more images as well as the press release…
Motorola DEVOUR Brings MOTOBLUR To Verizon Wireless’ 3G Data Network
MOTOBLUR Service Gives Customers Home Screen Access to Content and Contacts
February 03, 2010
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and LIBERTYVILLE, IL — Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the availability of Motorola DEVOUR™ in March. Motorola DEVOUR will be the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR™, Motorola’s unique Android™-powered content delivery service created to make wireless phones more personal and customizable.
MOTOBLUR is the first solution to sync contacts from work and personal e-mail services, including Gmail™, with posts, messages, photos and more from popular sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter. With MOTOBLUR, content is automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams.
* Touch-sensitive navigation pad
* 3.1” capacitive touch screen
* Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™ with Google Maps Navigation.
* Android Market™ gives users access to more than 20,000 applications.
* Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on the home screen. Customers can flick through the latest updates and fire back responses using the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
* Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response.
* Back-Up and Security – Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows customers to use the phone’s fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
* 8 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
* Bluetooth® profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP
* To get the most from Motorola DEVOUR, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and a Data Package for smartphones. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access, and Nationwide Talk & Text plans begin at $59.99 monthly access. A Data Package for smartphones is $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.